Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Art and Science

So David and Andrew came into our classroom to do some filming, getting some interviews and film footage of our Globaloria classroom. One of the topics that was discussed was how this class is a correlation between an Art teacher (me) and a Science teacher (Mrs. Leef). TO me this is not an anomoly because if you really think about it Art is everywhere. It is in all of the surroundings around us each day, from the simple pencils we use to write with to the most complex of machines that make our lives much simpler (??) to the art that is produced for our viewing pleasure. With new technology comes new ways to express our artistic impulses. Art is not just about painting, drawing, and sculpture; it is also about light, motion, color and how we perceive our world and our place in it. Like to hear more? Click on this site to hear a piece on NPR about an artist trained at MIT and how he uses technology in his artistic endeavors: http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=4176103&m=4176104

1 comment:

Autumn ♥ said...

Mrs. Neal,
I have never really thought about that art was everywhere around us. That is something really neat to think about.
That is really cool and that made my day, besides the fact that you were trying to stick your tongue out at my when I got to school. That probably would have made my day, if I was paying attention.
Well anyway, hope you have a good day yourself!!!
:)